Last updated: August 3rd 2018 (Revision 1.2)
Definitions in this Document
"Abuse": Actions by you described under section 4.1 of this document.
"Beta": An unfinished version of The Game which may be offered to certain subgroups of the public or you in order to gain feedback, with the express understanding that the software is in an incomplete and unfinished state and as a result may be unfit for purpose. This version of the game will stop working and will no longer be usable by you after a period of time.
"Communication Channels": Sources of information or communication owned or controlled by The Developers which include but are not limited to: outscape.net (a website, including all subdomains), idagames.com (a website, including all subdomains), @PlayOutscape (twitter), the official facebook page for The Game (available at: facebook.com/Outscape), products created by The Developers, emails sent to you by The Developers in relation to The Developers or Outscape, interviews or information released by The Developers to the media, and The Game itself (including in-game messaging).
"Player Marketing": Actions carried out by you which may help to promote The Game or The Developers or products related to The Developers, which may or may not be in return for Rewards (see definition of "Rewards" in this document).
"Release": To make available for use by you, but not necessarily in a fit-for-purpose state.
"Rewards": Incentives offered by The Developers to you in return for promoting The Game or The Developers or other products produced by The Developers, or incentives offered to you for aiding the development of The Game. This includes but is not limited to incentives offered in return for promoting The Game on social media, blogs, websites, forums, email, and person to person.
"Services": All software, databases and websites owned or controlled by The Developers including but not limited to: The Game, the Beta and Communications Channels (see definitions of "The Game", "Beta" and "Communications Channels" in this document).
"Sufficient Notification": Notification to you via email to your registered email address or a prompt when you accesses The Game, Communication Channels, or any of The Developer's services.
"Terminate Your Accounts": The deletion of all your accounts and any data held within Services or processed by Services (see definition of "Services" in this document).
"The Developers" or "The Developer": The collective group behind the development of The Game, currently branded 'IDA Games' and currently represented at www.idagames.com.
"The Game": A specific video game currently branded 'Outscape' which is currently under development which will offer strategic gameplay set in outer space which is currently advertised at outscape.net and other locations.
Terms and Conditions
Development and Release of The Game:
- 1.1. The Game is currently considered an experimental concept, as such it may prove impossible to complete or release The Game for a multitude of possible reasons and hence you accept that The Game or the Beta may never become available.
- 1.2. Services are all considered experimental and unfinished, as such any data held within or processed by the Services may be lost at any point in time. You accept that The Developers are not liable for any loss of data including data owned or created by you.
- 1.3. The Beta is software in an incomplete and unfinished state and as a result may be unfit for purpose.
- 1.4. The Developers may cease development of The Game for any reason or without notice and as such:
- a. Makes no promise that any Rewards will actually be available to or realizable by you.
- b. Makes no promise that Player Marketing will lead to any benefits to you.
- c. Makes no promise to release or otherwise make available the Beta or any other version of The Game to you.
- d. Any content created or uploaded by you may be lost at any point.
- 1.5. The Developers may change the nature of The Game in any way without reason or without notice and as such:
- a. Makes no promise as to the specific nature of The Game.
- b. May retrospectively remove, exchange or cancel rewards already earned by you as The Developers see fit without reason or notice.
- 1.6. The Developers makes no current or future promise as to the timeline or release of The Game or the release of the Beta or any other version of The Game to you.
- a. Any material or communication published or made available through Communication Channels do not supersede the terms herein unless expressly stated by The Developers.
- b. Any specified delivery dates or details for The Game communicated through Communication Channels are non-binding predictions or estimations, even if not explicitly stated as such.
- 2.1. The Game will ultimately be a product for which you must pay for if you wish to use it.
- The Developers may choose to offer free access to The Game or the Beta, however this will always be for a limited period only.
- a. For example The Developers may offer you an opportunity to play the Beta, however there will come a time where you will have to pay if you wish to maintain access to The Game.
- b. Specifically you will have to pay to continue to access or use the game after the Beta has ended.
- c. You expressly accept that any free access to The Game or the Beta will ultimately be revoked, even if that free access has been earned through rewards.
- d. If you choose not to pay for The Game, any content created or uploaded using The Game or services hosted or controlled by The Developers may be deleted by The Developers without notice or said content may be made unavailable to you.
Incentives & Rewards:
- 3.1. Earning Rewards is in itself solely a virtual game which can be played by you.
- 3.2. All Rewards should be considered hypothetical in nature. Rewards are contingent upon the successful completion of The Game by The Developers, the final nature of The Game and a variety of other factors which may or may not be within the control of The Developers.
- 3.3. The Developers reserve the right to retrospectively cancel and void Rewards already granted to you at the sole discretion of The Developers and without notice or reason.
- 3.4. The Developers reserve the right to cancel a class of reward or all rewards, meaning that you will no longer be able to redeem or take advantage of the reward, and any effort carried out by you to earn the reward will be lost.
- 3.5. You accept that rewards granted which relate to a pre-release version of The Game, such as the Beta, will ultimately expire and will no longer be useful, as such pre-release versions of The Game will function for a limited time only.
- 3.6. Rewards are not transferable.
- 3.7. Rewards are not exchangeable by you for other rewards or incentives unless otherwise specified.
- 3.8. Rewards have no cash value and no cash alternative is available.
- 3.9. Rewards remain the property of The Developers at all times.
- 3.10. In all cases The Developers grant no more than one account and one opportunity to gain any given Reward to you.
- 4.1. The following actions by you are considered abuse by you:
- a. Using multiple accounts or multiple email addresses for the potential purpose of gaining extra Rewards or using the Beta as multiple players.
- b. Attempts by you to sign-up multiple times for Rewards or the Beta.
- c. Spamming or otherwise using mass communications which potentially impacts people who have no interest in The Game in order to gain Rewards for yourself.
- d. Swearing, racism, sexism, abusiveness, being rude or unreasonable to the community through Communication Channels, or generally being unhelpful to the wider population wanting to enjoy The Game.
- e. Creating inappropriate images or making inappropriate images available through Communication Channels.
- f. Creating inappropriate audio or making inappropriate audio available through Communication Channels.
- g. Spamming or posting irrelevant content to Communication Channels.
- h. Using Communication Channels for the promotion of products or services which are not directly associated with The Developers.
- i. Using Communication Channels for self-promotion.
- j. Sending or posting inappropriate or offensive messages to Communication Channels or to The Developers directly.
- 4.2. Where The Developers suspect you of Abuse or not adhering to the conditions herein, then The Developers may Terminate Your Accounts without giving any reason or notice to you.
- 4.3. The Developers are not accountable for abusiveness or aggravation received by you through Communication Channels where such abusiveness or aggravation was not originally created by The Developers.
- a. Specifically The Developers are not responsible or accountable for any harm or offence to you caused by abusive, offensive or inappropriate text, images, audio or videos posted by other users to Communication Channels.
- b. You accept that parts of the Communication Channels are not 100% controllable by The Developers because content is partially created by the community, as such The Developers cannot always control the nature of the content you may receive through Communication Channels.
Renaming and Rebranding:
- 5.1. The Developers reserve the right to rename or rebrand The Game from 'Outscape' to another name and may update materials and domain names accordingly under the new name, in which case the terms and conditions herein still hold true for The Game under its new name.
- 5.2. The Developers reserves the right to rename or rebrand themselves from 'IDA Games' to another name and may update materials and domain names accordingly, in which case the terms and conditions herein still hold true with The Developers under their new name.
- 6.1. The Developers reserve all intellectual property rights to The Game and all content on Communication Channels.
- 6.2. The names 'Outscape' and 'IDA Games' and the associated logos are trademarks of The Developers at all times.
- 6.3. You hand over intellectual property rights to The Developers of any content created or owned by you and made available by you through Communication Channels (for example by posting or uploading content to websites of The Developers or creating content within The Game).
- 7.1. We reserve the right to update or change the terms and conditions within this document.
- 7.2. It may be necessary for you to agree to revised terms and conditions to continue to earn or benefit from Rewards as well as to gain or maintain access to the Beta, The Game or Communication Channels.
- 7.3. If you choose not to accept future revisions of these terms and conditions within 28 days of Sufficient Notification, The Developers reserve the right to Terminate Your Accounts without further notice.
- 8.1. You must be at least 18 years of age to create an IDA Games account (an "Account").
- 8.2. When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date.
- 8.3. You are responsible for keeping your password secure and for restricting unauthorized access to your computer and will therefore be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your Account. You must immediately notify IDA Games of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. IDA Games will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- 9.1. Use of the Services is also governed by our General Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Cookie Policies and Rules of Conduct, available at https://accounts.idagames.com/terms, https://accounts.idagames.com/privacy, https://accounts.idagames.com/cookies, and https://accounts.idagames.com/rules. These policies are incorporated into these terms and conditions by this reference.
- 1. The Developers may terminate or suspend access to any of their Services immediately, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever including without limitation if you breaches the terms.
- 2. Termination for any reason by The Developers may result in the loss of your data held by The Developers or held within the Services, and in such cases The Developers are not liable for any such loss of your data.
By using the Services or creating an account you are accepting these terms and conditions and are confirming that you are over 18 years of age and you are also confirming that you are legally able to agree to all terms and conditions within this document.
These terms and conditions are effective as soon as accepted by you and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future.
By creating an account, or continuing to use this website, or playing the Outscape game, you are explicitly and legally accepting and agreeing to all terms and conditions laid out within this document.