Last updated: October 21st 2019 (Revision 2.0)
Definitions in this Document
"Abuse": Actions by you described under section 4.1 of this document.
"Communication Channels": Sources of information or communication owned or controlled by The Developers which include but are not limited to: outscape.net (a website, including all subdomains), idagames.com (a website, including all subdomains), @PlayOutscape (twitter), the official facebook page for The Game (available at: facebook.com/Outscape), products created by The Developers, emails sent to you by The Developers in relation to The Developers or Outscape, interviews or information released by The Developers to the media, Any Marketplace (such as Steam) through which The Game is available for download or purchase, and The Game itself (including in-game messaging).
"Player Marketing": Actions carried out by you which may help to promote The Game or The Developers or products related to The Developers, which may or may not be in return for Rewards (see definition of "Rewards" in this document).
"Release": To make available for use by you, but not necessarily in a fit-for-purpose state.
"Rewards": Incentives offered by The Developers to you in return for promoting The Game or The Developers or other products produced by The Developers, or incentives offered to you for aiding the development of The Game. This includes but is not limited to incentives offered in return for promoting The Game on social media, blogs, websites, forums, email, and person to person.
"Services": All software, databases and websites owned or controlled by The Developers including but not limited to: The Game, The Game Servers and Communications Channels (see definitions of "The Game" and "Communications Channels" in this document).
"Sufficient Notification": Notification to you via email to your registered email address or a prompt when you accesses The Game, Communication Channels, or any of The Developer's services.
"Terminate Your Accounts": The deletion of all your accounts and any data held within Services or processed by Services (see definition of "Services" in this document).
"The Developers" or "The Developer": The collective group behind the development of The Game, currently branded 'IDA Games' and currently represented at www.idagames.com.
"The Game": A specific video game currently branded 'Outscape' which is currently under development which will offer strategic gameplay set in outer space which is currently advertised at outscape.net, Steam and other locations.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the The Game or Services operated by IDA Games ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of The Game or the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use The Game or the Services.
By accessing or using the The Game or Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not access The Game or the Services. If you have already purchased The Game and you disagree with these terms, you should immediately request a refund through the Steam Marketplace where you purchased The Game. If you proceed to use The Game a refund will no longer be available to you.
1. Development and Release of The Game:
- 1.1. The Game is currently considered an experimental concept and as such has been released as an ‘Early Access’ product, hence it may be impossible for The Developers to release a production version of The Game for a multitude of possible reasons and hence you accept that you may lose the ability to use or play The Game at a later date, in which case no refund or compensation will be offered to you.
- 1.2. Services are all considered experimental and unfinished, as such any data held within or processed by the Services may be lost at any point in time. You accept that The Developers are not liable for any loss of data including data owned or created by you for any reason.
- 1.3. The Game and Services is software in an incomplete and unfinished state and as a result may be unfit for purpose.
- 1.4. The Developers may cease development of The Game for any reason or without notice and as such:
- a. Makes no promise that any Rewards will actually be available to or realizable by you.
- b. Makes no promise that any stated future plans will be delivered.
- c. Makes no promise (implicit or otherwise) to release or otherwise make available any further version of The Game or Services to you.
- d. Any content created or uploaded by you may be lost at any point.
- 1.5. The Developers may change the nature of The Game in any way without reason or without notice and as such:
- a. Makes no promise as to the specific nature of The Game.
- b. May retrospectively remove, exchange or cancel rewards already earned by you as The Developers see fit without reason or notice.
- 1.6. The Developers makes no current or future promise as to the timeline or release of The Game to you.
- a. Any material or communication published or made available through Communication Channels do not supersede the Terms herein unless expressly stated by The Developers.
- b. Any specified delivery dates or details for The Game communicated through Communication Channels are non-binding predictions or estimations, even if not explicitly stated as such.
- 1.7. It may at times be necessary for you to install software updates and these software updates may require you to upgrade your hardware, drivers or operating system in order to continue to play The Game.
- 2.1. When purchasing The Game it will be usable for a limited time and in no way does purchasing The Game allow perpetual access to it.
- 2.2. If you have already purchased The Game you and you do not agree to any of the terms in this document, you should request a refund through the marketplace in which you purchased The Game (such as Steam) before either creating an IDA Games Account or proceeding to play The Game. By proceeding a refund will no longer be available to you.
- 2.3. Any refunds referred to in this document will in accordance with the terms and conditions of the marketplace (such as Steam) through which The Game was purchased. Hence while a refund may be implied in this document, it may not be available to you if the marketplace does not allow it.
- 2.4. All monetary transactions will be handled by and through the Marketplace with which you purchased The Game and are subject to the rules and terms and conditions of that Marketplace.
- 2.5. The Developers have no ability to directly offer any refund to you for any reason.
3. Incentives & Rewards:
- 3.1. Earning Rewards is in itself solely a virtual game which can be played by you.
- 3.2. All Rewards should be considered hypothetical in nature. Rewards are contingent upon the successful completion of The Game by The Developers, the final nature of The Game and a variety of other factors which may or may not be within the control of The Developers.
- 3.3. The Developers reserve the right to retrospectively cancel and void Rewards already granted to you at the sole discretion of The Developers and without notice or reason.
- 3.4. The Developers reserve the right to cancel a class of reward or all rewards, meaning that you will no longer be able to redeem or take advantage of the reward, and any effort carried out by you to earn the reward will be lost.
- 3.5. Rewards are not transferable.
- 3.6. Rewards are not exchangeable by you for other rewards or incentives unless otherwise specified.
- 3.7. Rewards have no cash value and no cash alternative is available.
- 3.8. Rewards remain the property of The Developers at all times.
- 3.9. In all cases The Developers grant no more than one account and one opportunity to gain any given Reward to you.
- 4.1. The following actions by you are considered abuse by you:
- a. Using multiple accounts or multiple email addresses for the potential purpose of gaining extra Rewards or using The Game as multiple players.
- b. Attempts by you to sign-up multiple times for Rewards or The Game.
- c. Spamming or otherwise using mass communications which potentially impacts people who have no interest in The Game in order to gain Rewards for yourself.
- d. Swearing, racism, sexism, abusiveness, being rude or unreasonable to the community through Communication Channels, or generally being unhelpful to the wider population wanting to enjoy The Game.
- e. Creating inappropriate images or making inappropriate images available through Communication Channels.
- f. Creating inappropriate audio or making inappropriate audio available through Communication Channels.
- g. Spamming or posting irrelevant content to Communication Channels.
- h. Using Communication Channels for the promotion of products or services which are not directly associated with The Developers.
- i. Using Communication Channels for self-promotion.
- j. Sending or posting inappropriate or offensive messages to Communication Channels or to The Developers directly.
- 4.2. Where The Developers suspect you of Abuse or not adhering to the conditions herein, then The Developers may Terminate Your Accounts without giving any reason or notice to you.
- 4.3. You will not hold The Developers accountable for abusiveness or aggravation received by you through Communication Channels where such abusiveness or aggravation was not originally created by The Developers.
- a. Specifically The Developers are not responsible or accountable for any harm or offence to you caused by abusive, offensive or inappropriate text, images, audio or videos posted by other users to Communication Channels.
- b. You accept that parts of the Communication Channels are not 100% controllable by The Developers because content is partially created by the community, as such The Developers cannot always control the nature of the content you may receive through Communication Channels.
- c. You understand that the chat feature in The Game can be disabled by you, and that disabling the chat feature is the best way to protect against abusiveness or aggravation from other players.
- 4.4. You recognise that The Game is not suitable for players under the age of 18 due to the unmoderated in-game chat and other unmoderated communications which may be received by any player from any other player and as such you will take steps to prevent players under the age of 18 from gaining access to or paying The Game and you explicitly indemnify The Developers against any form of harm caused to anyone under the age of 18 from playing The Game through your hardware, account or copy of The Game.
- 4.5. You will not hold The Developers accountable for any harm or damage caused by you clicking on or following any links posted to Communication Channels by other players.
5. Renaming and Rebranding:
- 5.1. The Developers reserve the right to rename or rebrand The Game from 'Outscape' to another name and may update materials and domain names accordingly under the new name, in which case the terms and conditions herein still hold true for The Game under its new name.
- 5.2. The Developers reserves the right to rename or rebrand themselves from 'IDA Games' to another name and may update materials and domain names accordingly, in which case the terms and conditions herein still hold true with The Developers under their new name.
6. Intellectual Property:
- 6.1. The Developers reserve all intellectual property rights to The Game and all content on Communication Channels.
- 6.2. The names 'Outscape' and 'IDA Games' and the associated logos are trademarks of The Developers at all times.
- 6.3. You hand over intellectual property rights to The Developers of any content created or owned by you and made available by you through Communication Channels (for example by posting or uploading content to websites of The Developers or creating content within The Game).
- 7.1. You must be at least 18 years of age to create an IDA Games account (an "Account").
- 7.2. When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date.
- 7.3. You are responsible for keeping your password secure and for restricting unauthorized access to your computer and will therefore be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your Account. You must immediately notify IDA Games of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. IDA Games will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- 7.4. An Account is required to use or play The Game as well as use The Services
- 7.5. An account is granted for a finite period only. The Developers reserve to revoke an account for any reason, including closing down their Services and/or The Game. Upon revocation The Game and Services will no longer be available to the Player and no refund or compensation will be offered to the Player and all of the Player’s data will be permanently wiped.
8. Additional Conditions:
- 8.1. Use of the Services is also governed by our General Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Cookie Policies and Rules of Conduct, available at https://accounts.idagames.com/terms, https://accounts.idagames.com/privacy, https://accounts.idagames.com/cookies, and https://accounts.idagames.com/rules. These policies are incorporated into these terms and conditions by this reference.
- 9.1. The Developers may terminate or suspend access to any of their Services immediately, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever including without limitation if you breach the Terms. No refund or other compensation will be payable to affected players.
- 9.2. Termination for any reason by The Developers may result in the loss of your data held by The Developers or held within the Services, and in such cases The Developers are not liable for any such loss of your data.
10. Changes to the terms and conditions:
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms and conditions at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide Sufficient Notification at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Services.
The most current version of these terms and conditions will always be at https://accounts.idagames.com/terms-account where you are able to view and print them.
If a court of competent jurisdiction finds any term or clause in these terms and conditions to be unenforceable, invalid, or illegal, the same will not have an impact on other terms or clauses in these terms and conditions. However, such a term or clause may be revised to the extent required according to the opinion of the court to render these terms and conditions enforceable or valid, and the rights and responsibilities of the parties shall be interpreted and enforced accordingly, so as to preserve their agreement and intent to the fullest possible extent.
12. Law and Jurisdiction:
These terms and conditions, and the relationship between you and The Developers (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales (in the United Kingdom).
By creating an IDA Games Account or proceeding to play The Game or use the Services you are explicitly and legally accepting all the terms and conditions herein and are confirming that you are over 18 years of age and you are also confirming that you are legally able to agree to all terms and conditions within this document. These terms and conditions are effective as soon as accepted by you and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future.