The following Rules of Conduct are to be adhered to at all times when interacting with our game and websites (the "Services"). Breaching the Rules of Conduct will lead to a temporary or permanent suspension of permissions.
The Rules of Conduct are in place to ensure that our Services are fun, welcoming, safe places that the whole community can enjoy. When creating an IDA Games account you confirm that you have read and agree to these Rules of Conduct by agreeing to the Terms of Service.
We may make changes to these Rules of Conduct from time to time and recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.
- Be respectful to others. Do not threaten, harass, embarrass, troll, flame, insult, shame, bait, provoke, cause distress or unwanted attention to others.
- Do not use offensive, vulgar, obscene, profane, hostile, illegal, sexually explicit, racially or culturally offensive language or otherwise inappropriate language.
- Do not post links to or share content that is offensive, vulgar, obscene, profane, hostile, illegal, sexually explicit, racially or culturally offensive, spam, advertising, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Do not discuss warnings, suspensions, moderation actions, or private communications with IDA Games representatives.
- Do not exploit or discuss bugs in the game that provide unintended benefits. Please instead report such information to the Community Team (or post in the forum if the issue is less sensitive) providing as much relevant detail as possible.
- Do not falsely represent your identity or impersonate another person or representative of IDA Games.
- Do not share your personal details or those of another person in public e.g. real name, phone number, address, email (we strongly advise against sharing personal details in private and recommend using a pseudonym instead of something that could reveal your identity e.g. when choosing a username).
- Do not infringe on the trademark or copyright of a third party.
- Do not use third-party or other unauthorized programs to interact with or manipulate the game servers or game client.
- Do not violate any local, national, or international laws or regulations.
- Do not use misspellings or alternative spellings that violate any of the above rules.
Outcomes for Breaching the Rules of Conduct
Each outcome for breaching the Rules of Conduct will depend on the severity of the breach and the player’s previous history. Typically, the outcome of a breach will be a temporary suspension of the related permission. However, if the breach is deemed severe enough or the player has an excessive history of breaches, the suspension will likely be permanent.
- 1st breach: warning
- 2nd breach: 3 day suspension
- 3rd breach: 7 day suspension
- 4th breach: 14 day suspension
- 5th+ breach: 30 day suspension
For example, if a player uses offensive language (rule 2 above) on the forum and the outcome is a suspension, they will be unable to post to the forum for the duration of the suspension.
Appealing Against an Outcome
If you believe an outcome to be unjust and wish to appeal against it, please email the Community Team at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address registered to your account providing your rationale. If your appeal is successful, the original outcome will be removed.
You can contact the Community Team by email at email@example.com. If you have any questions, wish to make a complaint, or report a breach of the Rules of Conduct please get in touch.
Reporting a Breach of the Rules of Conduct
To report a breach of the Rules of Conduct please email the Community Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and include any relevant details such as:
- Where and when it happened
- The username(s) of those involved
- A brief explanation or a self-explanatory screenshot